These Are Just Insane!
One of my sons was trying to figure out what he was going to give up for Lent. He narrowed it down to Peanut M&Ms or baked goods. My heart almost broke in half when he picked baked goods.
Instead of wallowing in self pity, I decided to celebrate his decsipline and committment. I also decided to make a cookie to let him how amazing I think he is. I found a recipe, tweeked it just a little, and came up with this cookie. I can't decide if it takes more chocolaty, fudge like, or brownie like. I do know that he will love it. I hope you love it too!
Keywords: Chocolate, fudge, brownie, cookies, M&Ms
Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 16-18 minutes
These cookies are the perfect combination of a cookie, a brownie, and fudge! After baking them, you can add any candies you like.
Ø 150 grams all-purpose flour
Ø 30 grams unsweetened or Dutch-processed cocoa powder
Ø 1 teaspoon baking powder
Ø ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
Ø 160 grams chocolate chips
Ø 100 grams sugar
Ø 1 teaspoon espresso (optional)
Ø 150 grams brown sugar
Ø 2 large eggs, preferably at room temperature
Ø 2 tablespoons milk, preferably at room temperature
Ø 200 grams mini chocolate chips
EXTRAS FOR THE TOP
Ø ½ - 1 cup M&Ms, Reese’s Pieces, Junior Mints, Peanut Butter Chips, Chocolate Chips… It is up to you!
1. Preheat your oven to 310º. Line your cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. Sift together flour, cocoa, and baking powder. Add in salt and mix.
3. In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips and the butter in 15-second intervals. *See Note below
4. Pour the melted chocolate into you mixing bowl. Add vanilla and sugars. Mix 2 to 3 minutes. Beat in eggs one at a time until combines. Add milk, mix until combines. Scrape down the sides and the bottom of the bowl.
5. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredient and stir just to combine (DO NOT OVER MIX).
6. Fold in chocolate chips.
7. Scoop onto baking sheets using about 2 tablespoons of dough at a time (the dough is sticky).
8. Bake for 15 – 17 minutes.
9. After taking your cookies out of the oven, press the candies of your choice into the top of your cookies.
10. Let your cookie cool for at least 10 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack.
NOTE: Melting the chocolate in the microwave can be tricky. If the chocolate gets too hot, it will seize. To prevent this from happening do not use a glass bowl. The glass will get hotter and hotter, even if the chocolate is not melting. Use a microwave safe plastic. Microwave at 50% power in 15-second increments. Stir thoroughly between each. When the chocolate is ‘almost’ completely melted, stop microwaving and stir. Let the heated chocolate melt the remaining chips.